Without a doubt COVID-19 is forcing changes upon us all at a rapid rate and the true test of grit is how we respond and adapt.
Bastion Insights’ Adapting to the New Normal provides organisations with rapid insights about how people are adapting during the COVID-19 crisis. Providing weekly reports to ensure you are as up to date as possible.
Each report gives an update on seven key topics:
- Impact and community sentiment
- Economic and financial concern
- Media consumption
- Health and wellbeing
- Working remotely
- Family, social connection and distancing
- Post COVID plans – travel, life decisions, etc
You can request access to any of these reports by filling in the form below.
- Economic concern remains high but stable. This Wave we saw a significant improvement in the level of confidence in Australians, as the mood of the nation improves.
- More and more Australians are reengaging in activities as restrictions lift. Holiday planning is starting to enter people’s minds, as they start to consider when and where they may holiday.
- Comfort levels in engaging in activities outside the home is varied but there are many things Australians are ready to re-embrace as soon as permitted.
- The gap in Australian society will widen as result of COVID-19, with the vulnerable and more disadvantaged in society impacted more.
- Australians are starting to embrace their new freedom with caution.
- The financial stresses are being borne more by a segment of Australians who are also at risk of negative health outcomes due to unhealthy coping behaviours.
- Economic concern remains high, but there is a sense of relief about how restrictions are being lifted.
- Aussies are falling into two camps, those who will remain cautious and those who will embrace their freedom.
- Economic concern remains high, as we are torn between lifting restrictions and long term damage to our economy.
- Working remotely has been a huge part of many Australians’ life over the last few weeks, with Aussies reaping the benefits of savings in travel time and other costs. But productivity at home isn’t always there.
- Appreciating the simple things in life is something that COVID-19 has brought to the fore.
- Beyond the current restrictions we see impacts on bigger life decisions which may have been delayed or changed. Will there be an uplift in moving out of our metropolitan cities?
- Social media and streaming continue to gain attention as people search for ways to relieve boredom.
- As Aussies come to terms with the new normal that is today, most (86%) believe life will never be the same again (at least in some ways). While 14% of Aussies don’t want life to return to normal, they are loving life today.
- Four weeks since our first measurement of COVID-19 impacts on Australians, we continue to see a decline in concern.
- Online purchasing has increased (65% have purchased online in last two weeks) but delays in delivery continue to be an issue.
- Boredom and tiredness are the dominant feelings. Social media and streaming continue to gain attention as people search for entertainment to relieve boredom.
- Some Australians’ bad habits (drinking and smoking) continue to increase. People are purchasing more online but delivery is letting us down.
Bastion Insights’ Adapting to the New Normal study commenced on 27 March 2020 as COVID-19 saw Australia go into lock down.
Measuring Australians sentiment each week via a 10-minute online survey.
Total sample per week n=1000, Nationally representative of Australian population.
Survey results have been supplemented by qualitative online focus groups throughout the lock down period.
We are part of Bastion Collective
Bastion Collective is the largest independent communications agency in Australia. We exist to be the Bastion of Australian Ingenuity. Our integrated agency network allows us to deliver simple, original and resourceful communications solutions to our clients' complex problems. Bastion Collective clients can use us for one specialist service or our entire integrated offering, delivered through one central point of contact. We do this all to help our clients create, grow, measure and protect their businesses.Learn More