- Impact and community sentiment
- Economic and financial concern
- Media consumption
- Health and wellbeing
- Working remotely
- Family, social connection and distancing
- Post COVID plans – travel, life decisions, etc
You can request access to any of these reports by filling in the form below.
Request a Report
Workplaces are preparing for a widescale adoption of a hybrid working model in a move that would offer more autonomy and flexibility, yet could prove risky if not implemented properly.
- We partnered with Bastion Reputation Management and Pitcher Partners on this special report which reveals a disconnect between employer and employee expectations of hybrid working arrangements.
Across Australia, concern has declined on all levels: personal, health and economic. Economic concern is at its lowest level since we started tracking back in March. For Victorians, concern has also subsided but remains higher than elsewhere.
- This report shows how Victorians have rebounded since they have come out of lockdown. (Note the survey was completed before any hint of an outbreak in SA.)
With Australians having experienced a year like never before, Christmas is fast approaching and the uncertainty looms large over how we will celebrate.
We asked Australians about how different they thought this Christmas would be, what their intentions are in terms of celebrating, their plans for Christmas shopping and any strategies they have in place around this.
While the rest of Australia settles into the ‘new normal’, Victorians are at the end of their tether with sentiment turning from frustration to anger.
Life satisfaction for Victorians is significantly lower than those elsewhere and Victorians’ level of optimism and positive perceptions is breaking down across the board.
- Six weeks since lockdown and Victorians prove to be a resilient lot. Despite Melbourne remaining in Stage 4 lockdown and overall economic concern increasing, at an individual level financial concern and perceived job security do not show significant causes for concern.
Indicators of psychological distress have all decreased (including in Victoria) since the last survey when Stage 4 restrictions were just being introduced. Feelings of anxiety have also reduced at a national level.
- In this special report, we examine people’s increased intentions to make changes to their lives since COVID.
We asked Australians what decisions they were thinking about now (since COVID), what changes they have already made and what they were considering before COVID. These life changing decisions relate to where we live, what we do, and our family relationships.
- Concern for the health of our community has increased significantly across the nation as we try to contain the second wave in Victoria while economic concerns also increase.
- We also see a decline in confidence in Australians in the future. Our mental health is paying the biggest price at this time, with sharp increases in psychological distress evident particularly for Victorians.
- Following a return to stage 3 restrictions in greater Melbourne, and a continuing climb in the number of cases, we see Victorians’ level of concern heightened across the board.
- The crisis is again a health crisis. Personal and family concern, and concern for the health of the community return to levels similar to peaks seen at the beginning of the crisis.
Bastion Insights’ Adapting to the New Normal study commenced on 27 March 2020 as COVID-19 saw Australia go into lock down.
Measuring Australians sentiment each week via a 10-minute online survey.
Total sample per week n=1000, Nationally representative of Australian population.
Survey results have been supplemented by qualitative online focus groups throughout the lock down period.
We are part of Bastion Collective
Bastion Collective is the largest independent communications agency in Australia. We exist to be the Bastion of Australian Ingenuity. Our integrated agency network allows us to deliver simple, original and resourceful communications solutions to our clients' complex problems. Bastion Collective clients can use us for one specialist service or our entire integrated offering, delivered through one central point of contact. We do this all to help our clients create, grow, measure and protect their businesses.Learn More